Interested in becoming an SCMA Board Member? Please click here to complete our online application form.
The South Carolina Montessori Alliance is a non-profit leadership organization of individuals representing public and private schools. South Carolina Montessori Alliance is dedicated to serving children by:
- Advocating an authentic Montessori approach to education;
- Adhering to the principals and philosophy of Maria Montessori;
- Seeking public recognition of Montessori as a proven educational approach;
- Promoting Montessori educational research:
- Supporting professional development among Montessorians;
- Ensuring equitable treatment for public and private Montessori educators;
- Building mutually beneficial relationships among Montessori, business legislative groups, and other communities;
- Fostering increased opportunities for teacher preparation and certification; and thereby
- Expanding the availability of Montessori education for all children.
Contact SCMA if we can assist your school or Montessori organization to further the goals listed above.
“The child is truly a miraculous being, and this should be felt deeply by the educator.”